Accrediting Body: ITSSAR
Level: Conversion – Forklift truck operator who is already licensed.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Location: At your company premises
Max No per course: 3
Cost:Please see price list
- Theory lesson including forklift truck stability – safety video
- Practical training in the safe operation of the forklift truck.
- Continue practical training
- Pre use inspection test
- Theory test
- Practical basic skills test
What does the course cover?
- Forklifts and the law
- Operator’s safety code
- Basic & advanced steering, stacking, de-stacking,
- Picking up & setting down
- Component identification, pre-use inspection & reporting
- Pre-use inspection test.
- Practical skills test
On completion of the training course the trainee will be able to:
Name all main components of the forklift truck
Carry out a pre-shift inspection check and understand the importance of such checks.
Operate the forklift truck within the safety limits defined by the manufacturer.
Stack and de-stack from various heights with various loads safely
Manoeuvre a laden forklift truck in a narrow confined area.