Also known as:
Lorry Mounted Cranes. Often known by the make e.g. ATLAS (with centrally mounted 360 degree crane) or Palfinger (rear / headboard mounted crane).
There are three main types of HIAB: Headboard Mounted, Rear Mounted, and Centrally Mounted 360 Degree Cranes.
Delivery of building materials, fertilisers etc. Utilities and maintenance.
Often seen in:
Steel manufacturers, councils, utilities companies.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation (inc LOLER 98)
- Pre-Use Checks & Maintenance
- Safe Operations of Lorry Loaders
- Introduction to Work Equipment
- Basic Slinging & Signals
- Raising, Transporting & Landing a Load
- Bucket / Grab / Hook
- Lifting Plans
- Electricity and Lorry Loaders
- Theoretical Assessment
- Practical Training & Assessment